2014-04-05

詩 12-Step Hacker

I'm all right Jack,
No context faults on my stack
Double minus, double slash,
Slash star and pound sign, too
All of you I will eschew
For fear of revealing my inner self
Showing that I'm not really a genius

Actions speak louder than words
Code louder than comments
I know what I'm doing
Don't make me clatter hackneyed prose
Scribble drivel for the ages
Prove that I don't know how to write
They told me I wouldn't have to any more
Once I got into engineering school

JSON, my salvation
We have a silent agreement
But what about
"comment": "Why I wrote this song",
A secret message
A sweet nothing
Between me and the machine
Deus ex Machina

The compiler is merciful
The compiler is kind
The compiler casts no aspersions
More harsh or stinging than
error: pickup line not accepted
Unlike the slings and arrows
Of outrageous peer reviews

You know that I love you
Why should I have to say it?
A sentiment shared nourishes everyone
Putting my schmarm to paper
Taking that risk
But it's okay, once I accept
That all tender things
Are somewhat ridiculous

The first step is admitting I have a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment