2014-05-05

模倣子 Yes, please lecture me about my body


http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2013/09/18/how-intactivists-are-ruining-the-debate-on-circumcision/
This is pretty awful -- comments are closed.
You should send to some folks we know -- it's a typical crypto-pseudo-feminist not caring about bad things that happen to men, not knowing the facts, and pontificating (grubsnarking) about the situation, minimizing it, of course, saying things are "much worse for women" and calling anybody who disagrees or points out their mistakes of facts and logic "misogynist".

I'm going to try to be less angry about all this stuff.  It's still perfectly awful and disgusting, as are "rape culture" promulgators, in the spirit of working the 10th step, which I've decided I need to seriously do, probably in conjunction with my newfound sponsoring re-sponsibilities.


I'm trying to find one where they list all of the other kinds of things where "they won't remember" trauma which are NOT justified.


Can y'all help me with processing this? Please?

How can crypto-pseudo-feminists (CPFs) not see that circumcision at the very least MIGHT BE the male equivalent of a clitoridectomy? There have been detailed nerve mappings done, etc.

Men circumcised in mid-life say it's "paper or plastic"? That's a lie. That's THE big lie. In fact, they describe it like a crippling, heart-breaking severe deafness and not being able to hear the birds and the wind anymore, or not being able to hear any but the loudest and most booming instruments in a symphony any more.

While I will mention that my wife said childbirth was about as painful as "a papercut" (admittedly, one that kept happening over and over for three hours...!), but does my (mis)interpretation of one woman's off-hand comment mean that I suddenly have the right, as a man, to tell hundreds of millions of women that "Childbirth isn't painful. Quit whining!"? Let's just say that I'll get back to you after I've given birth myself, and leave my wife's comment as just one woman's (unusual) comment for now. 




The "alleged horror of male circumcision"? The "circumcision debate"? Why is there even a debate? It reminds me, and I apologize for the reference, of the Nazi phrase, "The Jewish Problem", or debating about what we should do about "the Jewish Problem". What are we going to do about these purple elves who keep stealing our baloney? It's question-begging. It's strawman-like. There is nothing to debate, there IS no problem. Cutting half the skin off of the penises of millions of baby boys every year (and selling it for huge profits), killing a hundred or more each year (more than SIDS, car accidents), and causing permanent sexual dysfunction and misery, severe for thousands, for all of them, and for NO MEDICAL BENEFIT is not an answer to anything. It's just wrong. We don't have to debate it. We should not join this debate that the CPFs are trying to perpetuate. Joining it gives it legitimacy.

Intactivist women (dismissed here as "men (and some women)" are the most beautiful type of human being I can think of. They see the cold facts, they recognize the implications, and while they themselves are not directly impacted, they see that others around them are and then step in.

If my own experience as an "ortho-feminist" (and this article) is any guide, they don't get the whole recognition they deserve. I've marched, I've voted for women in corporate board elections, I've joined groups, gone to meetings, I've written and drawn, I've given countless money, I've gone to functions, shows, spoken out, supported individuals, and put my career and my social standing and my personal safety on the line time and again for the sake of women's liberation. Why? Because I'm the stupidest person on the Planet Earth? Apparently, yes. But also because, I guess, I've seen an injustice and refused to participate and had faith that it could change and tried to do what I could.


I also think that women's liberation is very likely the most important cause there is at the moment, that all else may stem from it. At the very least it is very visible and very identifiable. I have come to believe that men's liberation is very important, too, but that it will never happen WITHOUT women's lib, but also that women's lib may grind to a halt if women don't start to help men get out from under it.

And I see crypto-pseudo-feminists as not getting this, as blaming men for everything, for minimizing the horrible things that men have to put up with, and trying to dissociate that from women's plight, which I don't think can ever work.

No comments:

Post a Comment