2024-10-05

Superheroine Movies

 

I'm not sure what it is, but superheroine movies just make me weep. I watch Wonder Woman (the first one) or this bit (I need to watch the whole Flash movie, though I heard bad reviews) and the tears just start rolling down my face. I don't know what it is, maybe the fearlessness in some woman who has powers and knows how to use them, the courageousness in the face of a danger that is always there--that balance. It's an emotional rush, of a type that I don't usually have access to. People who say that guys aren't interested in female superhero movies don't know what they're talking about. Of course, if she's complainy and entitled, that tends to turn it off for me (like I don't think Captain Marvel did it for me...I don't know why).

No comments:

Post a Comment