2014-08-16

模倣子 More Female Privilege

They need to add #98 to the list: I can make my male partner kill or dispose of spiders, cockroaches, flies, wasps, bees, mice, rats, poisonous 16" purple Japanese centipedes (I'm not kidding about this one :-( ) that invade my house or apartment and am allowed to scream and cry about them without social penalty.

In a similar vein, I totally forgot #99: I expect my male partner to risk his life to protect me (and my offspring) from truly dangerous animals which may threaten us, e.g., dogs, bears, cattle, etc., and also from belligerent, attacking or home-invading humans, armed or otherwise, even if my actions instigated the altercations with the other humans (or animals) and regardless of whether those humans are agents of the state, bar owners, flight crew or train personnel, customer support staff, etc.

  Oh, and #100: I expect my male partner to risk his life to protect or rescue me from dangerous situations due to accident, weather or other or to risk his life to go and seek help for me and my offspring (even if I am responsible for the situation or for worsening it). In all cases #98, #99, and #100, he incurs severe social penalty for refusal or even showing reluctance or hesitation to come to my aid, while I incur none even if he is injured/incapacitated or afflicted with clinical arachnophobia and I am not.

#101: a woman can get sanctuary, free room and board, crash space, from men, even those who are not close friends or relations and not even always in exchange for sex, whom she has barely met, often for unlimited periods of time. One or more of the "Mayflower Madame" call girls escaped New York to go and stay with former male clients in places like California to avoid being involved in the prosecution.

The most sexist sign in the country is "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" Selective Service poster at the Post Office.


The second most may be the restroom symbol.  Why is a man and a woman depicted separately and in different colors the international symbol for restroom?  


Why not a toilet, or a turd, or a sink, or a roll of toilet paper or something?  What does it say about us that the defining aspect of a restroom is that men and woman are separate?

No comments:

Post a Comment