2024-06-30

詩 Arièl the Hoarding Mermaid

Memetic Index 

"Why do I have all this crap, and why can't I get rid of it?" Kind of like a dysfunctional Little Mermaid (admittedly more Danish than Dutch) 


Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? 
You might think my collection's more than complete. 

You want thingamabobs, I've got twenty, with my whozits and whatzits galore, no big deal, you might say, to throw one or two of them awaaaaay. 

But which one? 
They're all so unique, potentially useful and handy, but unlike candy, I can't eat them, and so they staaaaaay. 

I wanna be where those people are, those who say, a place for everything, and everything in its place, but who has the spaaaaaaace? 

Every day I thank god for recycling, is that why churches run donation centers, by the way? 
My precious little darlings aren't dying, my memories aren't erased. 
I can still treasure them in absentia, since they're just going into someone else's loving embraaaaaaace. 

I wanna be, please let me be, free from this minutia and baggage, somewhere that's cleeeeeean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment